Skip to content
Most Recent Blog Posts
- Web Performance Stats are Overrated
- animation-iteration-delay hack
- Survey for US Developers' Experience
- Understanding Flex Direction
- Binders full of Women
- Understanding Synchronous vs Asynchronous
- Dear Recruiter
- px to rem conversion if :root font-size is 16px
- You have to ask to get a "yes".The first step to speaking at a conference is to ask to speak at the conference. To some people this is self-evident. For me, it came as a surprise: when attending my first technical conference, I assumed the organizers had asked all of the speakers to be there.
- Historical Reference: the <hgroup> elementThe <hgroup> element has been made obsolete, but it was part of the draft specification for over 5 years. In case you're wondering about it, here's an overview I've posted for posterity.
- Death by 1,000 CutsIt’s tiresome when you’ve heard inappropriate sexual jokes in a professional setting 1,000 times. It’s ‘Death By A Thousand Cuts’. At some point the micro-aggression kills your spirit. My take on the events after PyCon 2013
- Pseudo or not-so-pseudo Click Mobile EventsBecause there is no keyboard, mouse or right click, mobile browsers have some built in behaviors. Sometimes you don't want those native behaviors. Learn how to control them.
- Web Development TipsMy Twitter account, WebDevTips, has been reactivated. Follow @webDevTips to get (almost) daily Web Development tips in your timeline.
- Register to vote for the 2012 Presidential ElectionList of all the states, with links to more information about voting in that state. We've included information about voter registration deadlines, with what that deadline is for 2012 presidential election.
- Make Twitter DMs appear as if read in all browsersBookmarklet to make Twitter DM's appear read, so you don't get that stupid blue glow forever in every browser.